What is personal data?
We collect information about you in a range of forms, including personal data. As used in this Policy, “personal data” is as defined in the General Data Protection Regulation, this includes any information which, either alone or in combination with other information we process about you, identifies you as an individual, including, for example, your name, postal address, email address and telephone number.
Why do we need your personal data?
We will only process your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws. We need certain personal data in order to provide you with access to the Site. If you do not agree to our use of your personal data in line with this Policy, please do not use our Site. You maintain the right to withdraw a consent at any time.
Collecting your personal data
We collect information about you in the following ways:
Information You Give Us. This includes, but are not limited to:
- The personal data you provide when you apply for a job or submit an interest in one.
- The personal data you provide when you submit to our newsletter, webinars, lectures, surveys or fill in any form which might include your name, phone number and email address.
- The personal data that may be contained in any video, comment, or other submissions you upload or post to the Site.
- The personal data you provide when you correspond with us by phone, email or otherwise.
Information Automatically Collected
We automatically log information about you and your computer or mobile device when you access our Site. For example, when visiting our Site, we log your computer or mobile device operating system name and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, browser language, screen resolution, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Site. We collect this information about you using cookies.
How long do we keep your data?
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed. We may use your contact details for to provide you with information on Digital Dominance offerings for up to twelve (12) months after your latest contact to your ongoing right to opt-out. Thereafter we will delete your data unless we need to keep it for other purposes that are legally justifiable.
- Opt-out. You may contact us anytime to opt-out of (i) direct marketing communications; (ii) automated decision-making and/or profiling; (iii) our collection of sensitive personal data; (iv) any new processing of your personal data that we may carry out beyond the original purpose; or (v) the transfer of your personal data outside the EEA. Please note that your use of some of the Site may be ineffective upon opt-out.
- Access. You may access the information we hold about you at any time via your profile/account or by contacting us directly.
- Amend. You can also contact us to update or correct any inaccuracies in your personal data.
- Move. Your personal data is portable – i.e. you to have the flexibility to move your data to other service providers as you wish.
- Erase and forget. In certain situations, for example, when the information we hold about you is no longer relevant or is incorrect, you can request that we erase your data.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us. In your request, please make clear: (i) what personal data is concerned; and (ii) which of the above rights you would like to enforce. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the personal data associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable and in any event, within one month of your request. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion.
Using your personal data
We may use your personal data as follows:
- To operate, maintain, and improve our Site, products, and services;
- To operate and administer our rewards program and other promotions you participate in on our Site;
- To respond to your comments and questions and to provide customer service;
- To send information including technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- To send you marketing e-mails about upcoming promotions, and other news, including information about products and services offered by us and our affiliates. You may opt-out of receiving such information at any time: such marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” Please note, even if you opt out of receiving marketing emails, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your account with us (if you have one) and our business dealings with you;
- As we believe necessary or appropriate (a) to comply with applicable laws; (b) to comply with lawful requests and legal process, including to respond to requests from public and government authorities; (c) to enforce our Policy; and (d) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of you or others;
- For analysis and study services.
- And as described in the “Sharing of your Personal Data” section below.
Sharing your personal data
We may share your personal data as follows:
- Third Parties Designated by You. We may share your personal data with third parties where you have provided your consent to do so.
- Our Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your personal data with our third-party service providers who provide services such as [data analysis, payment processing, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other similar services].
- Third Party Sites
- Some of these third-party services may be located outside of the EU/ESS area such as Google and Mailchimp.
Our Site may contain links to third-party websites and features such as Facebook™, Twitter™, Instagram™, Google™ and Instagram™. This Policy does not cover the privacy practices of such third parties. These third parties have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their websites, features, or policies. Please read their privacy policies before you submit any data to them.
You may share personal data with us when you submit user generated content to our Site, [including via our rewards program, giveaways, contests, message boards, and blogs on our Site]. Please note that any information you post or disclose on our Site will become public information and will be available to other users of our Site and to the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your personal data, or any other information, on our Site. Such personal data and other information will not be private or confidential once it is published on our Site.
If you provide feedback to us, we may use and disclose such feedback on our Site, provided we do not associate such feedback with your personal data. If you have provided your consent to do so, we may post your first and last name along with your feedback on our Site. We will collect any information contained in such feedback and will treat the personal data in it in accordance with this Policy.
International data transfer
Your information, including personal data that we collect from you, may be transferred to, stored at, and processed by us outside the country in which you reside, where data protection and privacy regulations may not offer the same level of protection as in other parts of the world. By accepting this Policy, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect personal data within our organization. Unfortunately, no transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be completely secure, and transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us.
We will only retain your personal data [as long reasonably required for you to use the Site until you close your account/cancel your subscription] unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (for example for regulatory purposes).
We are committed to resolving any complaints about our collection or use of your personal data. If you would like to make a complaint regarding this Policy or our practices in relation to your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will reply to your complaint as soon as we can and in any event, within 30 days. We hope to resolve any complaint brought to our attention, however, if you feel that your complaint has not been adequately resolved, you reserve the right to contact your local data protection supervisory authority.
Please contact us if you have any questions about this policy or need knowledge of how to use personal data in order to improve your digital marketing. You may contact us in writing at email@example.com or Adveriser, C/O Minc, Anckargripsgatan 3a, 211 19 Malmö, Sweden.